The following is a list of selected works by Gabriel Negretto on constitutional change and institutional design in Latin America and the replication data for the statistical analysis associated with them.
- "Authoritarian Constitution Making. The Role of the Military in Latin America." In Tom Ginsburg and Alberto Simpser (eds.), Constitutions in Authoritarian Regimes. Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- "Replacing and Amending Constitutions. The Logic of Constitutional Change in Latin America." Law & Society Review, Vol. 46, No. 4, October 2012.
- "Shifting Constitutional Designs in Latin America. A Two-Level Explanation", Texas Law Review, No. 89, June 2011, pp. 1-29.
- "Political Parties and Institutional Design. Explaining Constitutional Choice in Latin America," British Journal of Political Science, Vol. 39, Spring 2009, pp. 117–139.
- "Paradojas de la Reforma Constitucional en América Latina." Journal of Democracy en Español, Vol. 1, No 1, Spring 2009, pp. 38-54.
- "Choosing How to Choose Presidents: Parties, Military Rulers, and Presidential Elections in Latin America," The Journal of Politics, Vol. 68, No. 2, May 2006, pp. 421-33.